First international post =)

A warm welcome to all our foreign friends. Please feel free to post messages here in English only
Plaats reactie
italiaanse_dude
Steward

Hello all,
I see i'm the first one to post in the international board, let's get things started =)

Well, i'm not sure if I fully qualify for international though, I've been living in NL since 2016, although my Dutch is not that great (yes, yes, I know, my gf agrees with you :lol: !).
I'm 40 years old, historically a big sports fan (US sports, f1, soccer, etc), from milan (ac milan if you ask) . I've been following AZ since i'm in the NL, been a few times to the stadium (before and after the roof thingy) and in the last 2-3 years been watching most of the games on tv as well.
I'm following the dutch news, but would be awesome to talk to someone in english as well in this board!
Forza AZ:)
Fanatic

Welcome! Doont joe worrie we speek verrie goed engels heer

At least you got a good taste in clubs :) All of my foreign friends gravitate towards ajax...
Van Alkmaar begint de victorie
Grifo
Oude garde
Contacteer:

Borrelmeister schreef: 14 jun 2022, 06:36 Hello all,
I see i'm the first one to post in the international board, let's get things started =)

Well, i'm not sure if I fully qualify for international though, I've been living in NL since 2016, although my Dutch is not that great (yes, yes, I know, my gf agrees with you :lol: !).
I'm 40 years old, historically a big sports fan (US sports, f1, soccer, etc), from milan (ac milan if you ask) . I've been following AZ since i'm in the NL, been a few times to the stadium (before and after the roof thingy) and in the last 2-3 years been watching most of the games on tv as well.
I'm following the dutch news, but would be awesome to talk to someone in english as well in this board!
Forza AZ:)
Welcome to the club! Are you living in or near Alkmaar? And if not, what was the reason to come to AZ? It can't have been the great style of play Johnny van den Brom gave us.

Ma piacere, mio fratello di Italiano!

lol. I live in Haarlem now but will be moving in Alkmaar in a few weeks (or months, depends when the house will be delivered).

I don't know how I choose it, it was the nearest place to go for a game except for ajax (stadium is too big), and then I started watching games and I liked it =)
I like the small town atmosphere in the stadium, although it's a quite successful club that plays in Europe. And the profitable balance sheet every year by launching players and selling them for 5-10 times more is super smart!
Shota-Arveladze
Ben-Sider

Why don't you speak Dutch after six years? Plenty of affordable language training around Haarlem. (like Ad Appel in Aerdenhout).

Anyway, AZ is the best option! Good decision and we are glad to have you!
"One swallow does not make a summer"
Fanatic

Shota-Arveladze schreef: 18 jun 2022, 07:28 Why don't you speak Dutch after six years?
Why is that your business?

They already addressed that and I assume they came here to talk about AZ, not their Dutch level.
italiaanse_dude
Steward

it's ok, it is a legitimate question 8) I do a bit, i'll also post on the dutch forum. But it's not easy to really practice and be motivated to read/listen to it, that's actually one of the reasons why I started following the Eredivisie!
Shota-Arveladze
Ben-Sider

072 schreef: 18 jun 2022, 17:55 Why is that your business?

They already addressed that and I assume they came here to talk about AZ, not their Dutch level.
Is dit de eerste persoonlijke vraag die ooit op dit forum gesteld is aan iemand? Volgens mij is de rest van mijn bericht behoorlijk netjes. Maar ik hou er niet zo van wanneer mensen na zes jaar blijkbaar geen serieuze poging doen om te integreren. Dus stel ik de vraag, want misschien is er een goede reden voor.

And @my international friend, Like I said you are very welcome. As you know some Dutch can be a bit to direct. Hope to see you more on this forum!
Fanatic

Shota-Arveladze schreef: 19 jun 2022, 08:09 Is dit de eerste persoonlijke vraag die ooit op dit forum gesteld is aan iemand? Volgens mij is de rest van mijn bericht behoorlijk netjes. Maar ik hou er niet zo van wanneer mensen na zes jaar blijkbaar geen serieuze poging doen om te integreren. Dus stel ik de vraag, want misschien is er een goede reden voor.

And @my international friend, Like I said you are very welcome. As you know some Dutch can be a bit to direct. Hope to see you more on this forum!
So the first thing you ask people is “Why don’t you speak Dutch?”? Dutch-directness doesn’t mean no manners. Who are you to judge people their integration based on their language skill, the immigration officer? You don’t know effort they might put in it, plus integration is more than just language. Meanwhile the Dutch are the worst at integrating when they go abroad.

Anyway, you came to a good club 😁 I hope you like rollercoaster rides. And, soon, welcome to Alkmaar!
Shota-Arveladze
Ben-Sider

072 schreef: 19 jun 2022, 11:35 So the first thing you ask people is “Why don’t you speak Dutch?”? Dutch-directness doesn’t mean no manners. Who are you to judge people their integration based on their language skill, the immigration officer? You don’t know effort they might put in it, plus integration is more than just language. Meanwhile the Dutch are the worst at integrating when they go abroad.

Anyway, you came to a good club 😁 I hope you like rollercoaster rides. And, soon, welcome to Alkmaar!
Who are you to judge the questions I ask people? :D
Fanatic

Shota-Arveladze schreef: 19 jun 2022, 13:38 Who are you to judge the questions I ask people? :D
I’m sorry, Mr. Perfect
pAZcal
Kristen

Get a room you two. ;)
Plaats reactie